Monday, May 2, 2011

Baby Budner Update

It's been too long since I've updated this, I apologize.

We do have a few bump pictures to share too.

Brad and I have been very busy the last few months. We both had 2 door vehicles so we needed to upgrade those a little. About a month ago we went to Denver to look into what Denver dealerships had to offer and we found Brad's new car. We were at a used car sale at Invesco with over 100 cars easily, every GO dealership in Denver had all their used cars at this sale. When we first got there we got assigned to a salesman, we were not excited about that at all, we really had all intentions of just wandering around. We were "assigned" to Greg, a young guy who was nice to a young lady in a delicate condition; he got us a golf cart to wander around in. He showed us quite a few vehicles and was very easy going. There was a few times Brad and I would show a little more interest in and he would remind us or point out that the vehicle we were looking at was over our budget. We kept wandering until we stumbled upon an 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. We opened up the doors, it had a number of bells and whistles we were hoping for but didn't think we'd actually find within our budget. It has leather seats, butt warmers, power seats, windows, cruise control, keyless entry. But what caught my attention almost immediately was the DVD player. For those of you who don't know, the TV/VCR in the van growing up saved my parents a lot of heartache on long road trips; it lessened the number of fights between my sister and I. Anyway, I immediately said "look honey, the bean will love it!" Greg took a minute then said "I'm sorry, I gotta ask, what's the bean?" I pointed at my burgeoning bump and said "this is the bean, it has been since our first ultrasound." He laughed and went on pointing out different things to us on the vehicle. Later, during our test drive he finally piped up and said "you know, I was almost insulted earlier, I thought you were referring to me as the bean. I know I look Hispanic but I'm really Spanish." This became a joke between us for the rest of the afternoon. When we went to trade in Brad's truck the following Tuesday the first thing Greg asked was "is the bean enjoying the Blazer?" Brad and I laughed and said it was. Now, a month later, Brad got the emissions test from Greg and in with the form was a little pocket notebook paper saying "PS How's the bean?" Brad and I both thought that was just hilarious. How many people has this guy worked with in the last month and he still remembers our little bean?
So we got back up to Windsor, posted my cute little Cobalt on Craigslist, and started looking for Mommy's 4 door. We sold my car but weren't having the best luck finding a new car. My parents, Oma and Opa, were kind enough to loan us their little Cavalier while we shopped. We had horrible luck the 1st weekend we were really shopping. Our favorite needed to be jumped to start, had a nice layer of soot inside, power locks only worked to unlock the doors and when Brad tried to open the glovebox it fell out! So the hunt continued. Easter weekend Brad and I went out looking again, test drove a few different cars and found the winner, a 2006 Ford Taurus. It has an enormous truck and looks like it was well cared for by the previous owners. We ran a CarFax on it and everything checked out. We even got a great deal on it! So we returned the Cavalier to Oma and Opa and headed north again.

We've had our baby shower this past weekend and I had a great time. We have a lot of support all around us, family, friends, and even a sister skyping in from Greenland to be with us. When we got the gifts home Brad and I started organizing. Now Brad is so excited he keeps telling the bean to come on out whenever it's ready, he's ready to be a daddy. Sunday we went and got some of the final things we felt we really needed to be ready for the bean. Crib mattress, cradle sheets, diaper changing pad, etc. and got all the laundry done. Tonight we cleaned out the closet so we could organize the baby stuff and had the fire station install the car seat bases. Getting things done one day at a time.

I talked with my principal today, and some other co-workers. I really just don't think I'm going to be able to make it until my due date (May 22nd). I'm not contracting at all but there is just a funny feeling saying I'm not going to make it. My principal and the kindergarten team all agree, they don't think I'll make it either. So we'll see.

Now for the pictures!
22 weeks
24 weeks
28 weeks (sorry it's fuzzy)

32 weeks
36 weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment