Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Honeymoon Day 6







We landed in Phuket Thailand today! We have been on airplanes so much that when we got off I still felt like I was on a plane or a boat bobbing and floating kind of. We checked in to our beautiful hotel and are just trying to get adjusted to the time change. It is 5:27pm on Tuesday May 19th here while it's 4:27am on the 19th back in Colorado, just a bit of a change. I will load pictures onto the blog when we connect our camera.






Hawaii was beautiful. It was a quick 3 nights but great to see my parents, sister and cousin. As I said in my 1st post, my sister graduated from the University of Hawaii on Saturday. It was in the basketball arena and there were a ton of graduates. They have a cool tradition, after graduation all graduates have leis placed on them by friends and family to say congratulations. Caitlyn, my sister, got quite a few but other native graduates had so many you could barely see their eyes. It was fun. While we where in Hawaii Caitlyn took us all out to Sunset beach which is where pipeline is. It is definitely a beautiful beach, we had to imaging the crazy waves because it is low season now. Brad and I had dinner with a college friend of his Friday night and it was good to catch up and eat some real local food. On Saturday after graduation and a vegetarian lunch, we went to Waikiki to play and swim. It was also beautiful but a lot more crowded than Sunset. Honolulu is definitely a beautiful place with lots to do, we'll have to go back sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment