Saturday, May 23, 2009

Last Day in Phuket

Sunset Viewpoint
Elephant outside Dino Park

A stop on our way to Sunset Viewpoint


In the pool at Aspasia



Today was our last day in Phuket on Kata Beach. We left early this morning and went to Laem Sing beach like I had said yesterday. It was a beautiful day for the beach, the sun was hot so the water felt good...that is until the waves knocked you over and you got pulled underwater. The waves were pretty darn big, not pipeline Hawaii big, but definitly big enough to get yourself in trouble if you weren't careful. We were the first visitors to the beach this morning and it took about another 15-20 minutes for anyone else to show up. When we left the beach was busier but not crowded. I even got a massage right there on the beach. It was a great day at the beach, I even finished my 2nd book of the trip!








Everyone here is so nice and polite. I was told by someone that women are not treated well here or anywhere in Asia. Well, I have encountered no such attitudes. They talk to Brad and I equally and are more than willing to help either of us if we look like we need something. For my first trip to Asia, I am impressed with the hospitality of the locals. We managed to have the same tuk-tuk driver our entire stay in Kata and he was so nice, he took us where ever we wanted to go even if it meant 3 or 4 stops on the way to our final destination. He was just so cute.








Well, I told you I'd attach more pictures so here you are.

3 comments:

  1. I like your purse!!! and an elephant! and you like the food! Sounds like it was the perfect honeymoon spot! :) And that you're finding something new to love everyday. LOVE YOU!!! Keep the big smiles coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Good weather, massages, nice people, food and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world! Glad you made it to Lam Sing! Did you get to see Ali and say hi from us? Did you eat Aglio there?

    We're excited to hear all about Krabi and Railay Bay! I hope they're as great as Phuket was. We'll be interested to hear it's any more busy than the beaches in Phuket.

    How are your suits/clothes? Did they have them ready for you in 3 days? Can't wait to see them! I'm sure they are really cool!

    We returned from Grand John's last night! Had a good time and got a lot of work done too. As you know the work that needs to be done would take a life time to complete. He and Kathy said to say hi and they hope your honeymoon is great! I don't think we brought any ticks home this time so, yeah!

    Take care and we'll check back soon to see how the rest of the trip is going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are keeping up with you. We are in Rapid City, tommorow we head for ND. Glad to hear you are having a good time and enjoying your time together. Tkae caqre see you soon
    Love Mom and Dad Lawrence

    ReplyDelete